Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

To be or not to be on a diet

Most of my life I never worried about gaining weight. I was always thin, because my job was physically demanding and I was constantly on the move, climbing ladders and things like that.
But now I'm retired and not moving so much anymore I have to watch my waistline. That extra little spare tire around my middle is hard to control. And it seems once you have it it's there to stay.
I love food. My wife is a good cook and she makes delicious meals. Being originally from Europe, we still love the European food. Of course, we also love our steak and potatoes.

Today we had Sauerkraut with boiled potatoes and pork shoulder done in the Dutch Oven. Hmmm...like a meal in Heaven. The Sauerkraut was made by Hengstenberg in Germany. The brand is Mildessa with wine. It is not as sour as some. And the can is packed with Sauerkraut and very little empty space. A beer rounds up he meal.

We just finished eating and I know I ate too much. That is the problem when food tastes so good. So much for being on a diet.

I was already told that tomorrow would be a meager lunch to make up for the glutton I was today. Who knows what supper brings. We had stir-fry (chicken-breast with Chinese cabbage) yesterday and there were leftovers. It was good also. We'll probably have that. There wasn't much left so it will be okay diet-wise.

Why is it that everything that brings you pleasure is also not good for you? Why...why...why?

In less than two weeks it's Valentine's Day. We usually have Duck with white cabbage. Just thinking about that makes my mouth water. I can barely wait until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment