Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Our Valentine's dinner




Today I want to write about something nice. Okay, the Olympic Games in Sochi are over and we, as Canadians, are quite proud of our athletes, who did so well. Third position among all those participating countries isn't bad. We have 10 Gold, 10 Silver, and 5 Bronze medals. Our hockey teams, men and women, kicked butt. And Jennifer Jones from Winnipeg brought home a Gold medal in Curling. We do have something to be proud of. Even though I had nothing to do with anything, I still am proud to be a Canadian. I can say that, because Canada is my adopted country. I honor the laws and the customs and I accepted them as my own, unlike so many newcomers these days. Oops, something negative did slip in. My apologies.

I know I'm a bit late with this one, because Valentine's Day is gone nearly a couple of weeks, but I just transferred my pictures to the computer today and remembered.

As already mentioned, we had our traditional duck for dinner. It tasted great. My wife sure knows how to make a duck. It needs to be roasted slowly and the fat has to be broiled out of the skin to make it crunchy. We had potatoes and savoy cabbage. And a glass of wine (or two?). Anyway, everything was delicious and I can't wait until next year's Valentine's dinner. Why-o-why do I have to wait that long? Why-o-why? The Universe can be so cruel.

Waiting to be carved

Waiting to be eaten


No comments:

Post a Comment