Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, August 1, 2014

A good day of fishing


Getting old is a pain, but there are a few nice things about being old (maybe I should say 'older'). We can retire from our regular jobs, and being retired does have a few perks. I can go fishing any time I want, or almost any time. There are still plenty of things that need to be done around the yard and there are other obligations, like doctor's appointments, shopping, babysitting etc.

Yesterday I went fishing again. I was after Goldeye. My fishing spot is only 7 minutes away. I fished from 12:30 until 6:00 p.m and brought home 10 nice Goldeye. It  was a hot day. Around 29 C, and the sun was beating down, but what the heck, I was sitting comfortably on a rock, enjoying life. I would have been sitting on a padded folding chair, but it broke under me and sent me flying just as I was pulling in a Goldeye. They just don't built things the way they used to any more. Two of my friends were there also and we had a good time. It doesn't get much better. To spend a day fishing in the company of good friends is just about the best time one can have. It is even better when the fish are biting. And they did bite.

We used tiny hooks under a float with a piece of Night-crawler on the hook. Worked like a charm.
Here is a picture of me getting ready to remove the scales from the fish:


No comments:

Post a Comment