Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, August 4, 2014

In memory of my brother Arthur

Today is my brother Arthur’s birthday. He would have been 71. Unfortunately, he isn’t with us anymore. He died in a plane crash on September 25, 1979. I miss him dearly, even after all these years. He and I were not just brothers; we were good friends. I miss the good times we could have had these past 35 years; I miss his great sense of humor. We used to play the guitar together and sang the same songs. Singing them without him never sounded the same anymore.

 Here is a picture of us on the ship Arcadia in 1963 toasting to our future.

Herbert and Arthur (on the right)


 I will drink a glass of wine in his memory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment