Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

#Robins

Like every year around this time, our yard is visited by the returning Robins. They hop around, stand quiet for a while, listen to whatever they listen to, and then they run on again. Sometimes they pick in the grass. I think they are eating bugs. Maybe worms. I'm not sure. I don't count them, because there are so many. In the evening, when he sun goes down, their red breasts seem to glow. What a beautiful sight. One year I counted over a hundred Robins. The were in the trees and in the grass.

They came this morning and they are still running around. I guess until the sunshine is gone. They only stay a day or two than they move on. I feel privileged that they chose our yard to congregate.

The red-winged blackbirds have also been here in a large crowd today, eating from the feeders. And one large woodpecker. They also come in droves sometimes. This year I've only seen the one so far.

My stomach was a little better today. I went to the doctor and he told me there are a couple of viruses going around. He's had many patients in the past two weeks complaining about the same symptoms.
Thank you so much, Fate, for giving me this present.

I also found out that I probably need new hips. Arthritis has decided to destroy mine. I've been in terrible pain for weeks now. Another gift from destiny. Retiring is not as great as younger people think it is. They only see that we don't have to go to work anymore and still get money from our pensions. The sad thing is that retiring means getting old with all the wonderful fringe benefits. It means trips to the doctor and it means endless pain sometimes.

I like what is says on our Senior's card the government gives us:
The Government of Canada requests that  this person be extended all possible privileges.
I guess that included also Arthritis, failing eyesight, loss of hearing, wrinkled skin, and anything else that comes with age. It's all part of the package.
I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment