Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Will I ever be well again?

Awwhh! Will the awful feeling of not being well ever leave me? I went to the doctor for my arthritis evaluation and he told me nothing new, but he said my sick feeling in my stomach comes from a stomach virus that's been going around. My wife got it, too, by the way.

Wonderful timing by Mother Nature. The grass is beginning to get green, the leaves are opening up on the trees, my yard needs Spring cleaning and I'm lying around feeling like crap. Yesterday, I got my tractor started. I installed the battery, put in gas and then I moved the 50 bags filled with grass that we have spread all across our field to catch the snow in the winter. It was time I did that, because the grass under the bags was beginning to rot. Now I just have to take all the bags to the dump for composting. Nothing gets lost.

But my next job is to power rake the grass and pick up all the old grass. That is always a dirty, gruesome job, but it prepares the grass for the new year. That's why I'm so ticked off. It needs to be done, but I have no oomph inside me to do it. I just want to lie about and do nothing and that is not like me at all. Yesterday I was exhausted after picking up all the bags, but it's done and I'm happy. The day wasn't a complete waste.

We also have to pick up all the old fallen branches from our willows and pile them up in the garden and then burn them. Once that is done, I can till my garden and get it ready for planting and seeding beginning of June, or, if I'm lucky with the weather, already by the end of May. This year it might happen. Of course it won't happen unless I can clean up the old branches. I'm beginning to worry with my cold dragging and my painful hip.

Yesterday, a whole bunch of woodpeckers ran around in the yard. The Robins are still there, also. This happens every year and always a pleasure to see all those birds. A flock of Red-winged blackbirds is also hanging around for a few days. But more will be coming in the next little while. They always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment