Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Snow and more snow

Talk about  a shock. This morning there was actually a blanket of snow on the grass. And the wind was howling across the willow tops. It was minus 3 outside.

Listening to the radio, I was happy to be at home safely tucked into my bed this morning. Long lineups, accidents, cars in the ditch because of slippery road conditions, one road closed. Nothing but unpleasant news. Unfortunately, this afternoon I have to drive to Winnipeg to pick up my new glasses. Hopefully the roads will be better by then.

I was checking my logbook how conditions were last year; well, we had snow at this time of year. Same for 2013. So weatherwise it isn't much different this year. We were spoiled by the disappearance of the snow in early April. It is just too bad I missed all the good weather to work in the yard. It could be all cleaned up by now.

My cold is still hanging on. Still getting these coughing spells. Today, I feel so sluggish. I could spend the whole day in bed, but I'm fighting the impulse. I need to get that blood circulating through my body. That's why I will drive away this afternoon just to see something different aside from the inside of my house. We can't even sit in the sun-room because of the cold weather. It is depressing.

Strange, how our bodies and minds are so depending on the weather. When the sun shines our spirit just picks up. Even our bird is depressed these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment