Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The cost of beer

Our government is sure greedy. That is the problem when someone has the monopoly on a product. Our government controls the sales of alcoholic beverages and that is not a good thing.

I picked up 12 bottles of beer today. I paid $26.50 for a case. That is totally outrages and makes me angry. I'm surprised people actually still buy beer. I hear at the MTS center they are even crazier. $10.00 for one bottle of beer! Of course, the last time we went out to a restaurant I paid $6.00 for one bottle. That is $72.00 for a dozen. And wine isn't much more reasonable, either.

I still have a few bottles of beer I made myself from a kit. I believe it is time I make some new stuff. The kits have also gone up in price, but it is still cheaper to make your own. And the manufactures have come a long way with their beer kits and one can make a descent tasting beer. Besides, homemade beer lasts for years, something that can't be said for bought beer.

I've made quite a few bottles of wine this past winter. Actually, I went a little overboard, but I'm good now for a while and don't have to make any wine for this year anymore. My shelves are full and now the wine is aging nicely. I find homemade wine tastes better than much of the bought stuff, especially the cheaper wines. I believe the quality of our well-water has a lot to do with it. Strange though, with every wine kit they tell you not to use well-water. I sure prefer our water to the water that comes out of the water taps in Winnipeg. All you taste is chlorine and who knows what else they treat the water with. No, thank you, I prefer our well-water. It is pure and clean with no additives. How much better can it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment