Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, April 20, 2015

What happened to Spring?

Woke up this morning, looked out of the window and wondered what happened. Instead of brown grass I saw white. And that white stuff was still coming down.

We didn't get much snow. Most of it has melted during the day, but there are still tiny flakes falling from the sky and it is quite windy today. Not a nice day to be outside. It isn't Spring yet. April loves to play games.

I used this lousy day to file my income tax. I've been using UFile for years now. It is so easy to use and makes life a lot easier. Now you don't even have to buy the program in the store anymore. I do it all on line. Can't be easier than that. When I was still in business, I used an Accountant and paid plenty of money to have it done. Now, of course, as a retired person my income tax filing is not as complicated as it used to be. Anyway, that is done for another year and filed away.

That cold or stomach flu I got a couple of weeks ago is as stubborn as a mule. Still hanging on. I'm still coughing once-in-a-while. Just when you think you have it licked, there comes another coughing spell. Annoying and not convenient at all. Whoever invented colds should be quartered, drawn and castrated, not necessarily in that order. A lot of people caught this cold/flu. I can only predict with this coldspell we're having there will be more colds coming up. People don't dress right. That idea that seems to be supported even by doctors that you don't get a cold when you get a chill is total bunk. It's like saying jumping off a building doesn't kill you. The chill you get is the catalyst that causes the cold-bacteria in your system to start running amok. It's as simple as that, but people are so ignorant sometimes. Even stupid. The problem is that the ones who are careful get infected by the ones who are not.

It's like those Ignoramuses who don't have their children immunized, because they falsely believe they will get autism from it. They are the ones who get sick and then infect the rest of the population. It happened with the measles, the mumps, and who knows how many other childhood diseases that were supposed to be eradicated.  Unfortunately, with all those immigrants from undeveloped countries many of these diseases are popping up again. That's why it is so important to have children immunized. To do otherwise is irresponsible and downright dangerous. There should be a fine for those parents. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment