Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Snow and more snow

What  a day again. The snow was gone twice  now. Early this morning the sun was shining and it looked like a beautiful day ahead. By 10 AM the sun was gone, clouds had moved in and it began snowing. The temperature dropped drastically and by noon it was minus 5 C. We were just inside the grocery store when it looked like a blizzard outside. Whiteout conditions. By the time we got home at around 1:30 PM the snow had stopped falling, but the temperature was down to minus 9 C. Will this winter ever end? Tonight minus 12 and tomorrow night supposed to go down to minus 14 C. Our barometer doesn't know what to do. Yesterday it dropped and I knew a snowstorm was coming, and this afternoon it rose drastically, indicating a cold-spell. That barometer is more accurate than any sophisticated electronic gadgets the weather people have. I can always rely on it.

Yesterday I saw a Common Redpoll by our feeder. The size of a sparrow but with a red breast and red coloring under its wings. Quite a beautiful bird, actually.

My pepper-seeds have all sprouted and the little seedlings are growing nicely. I need the weather to warm up so I can put them, at least during the day, into our sun-room. My fish are not happy with those mini grow-gardens on top of their aquarium. It filters out the light and makes the aquarium dark. It works quite well, though, as far as sprouting seeds and getting the plants to reach a certain height.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Actually, it is 12:20 AM as I write this, and already Good Friday. We'll have smoked Whitefish for supper. Even though I'm not rigidly religious, I grew up with eating fish on Friday, especially on Good Friday, and I wouldn't feel right, eating meat on that day. Besides, we love fish and eating fish is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment