Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

#Terror in Paris

It happened again in Paris. Another attack by radical Muslims against innocent people. So many dead and so many injured, many of them in serious condition and some may still die.

That's what religious fanatics do--commit murder in the name of their god. Such hypocrites! They pretend to be religious and pray all day long and then they go and kill people that have done them no wrong.

According to reports, at least one of the attackers came to France as a refugee in one of the boats. Two were French Nationals, born in France and living in Brussels. Their parents probably came to France looking for a better life and that's  how these guys thank the French people for the opportunity to live in a free country not controlled by a rigid religious system.

Our new government, the Liberals, and our new Prime minister Justin Trudeau want to bring 25,000 of those Muslim refugees into our country by year's end, spending millions of Canadian Taxpayer's dollars doing that and more millions to house and feed these people. They will be a drain on our health care system, our welfare and federal Pension funds. They will bring in their families and it won't be long until their number has tripled. More money needed and it will have to come out of the working Canadians' pockets.

I am not excited about the idea of bringing in all those people. Many other Canadians share my view and sentiment. Surely, there will be quite a few radicals and fanatics among them who may bring terror into our country. Perhaps not immediately, but some day in the future, once they are settled here. If not them then the next generation. Diversity seems like a good idea but it does not work. When cultures clash that is a recipe for disaster and conflict.

The newcomers will bring with them their culture and eventually when they reach a certain number they will try to change our country to their liking, changing it into the way of life they left behind. The evidence is there to see. Many of the immigrants from the Middle East and Africa refuse to change their way. They still wear their traditional garb, the women still cover their faces even though it is not necessary in this country. I am not trying to be a doom's-day preacher and I hope I am wrong about my prediction, but I'm worried about the future of my country.

My wish is that our new Prime minister changes his mind and takes it slow by bringing in only a few, better yet--to drop the whole plan. It would be in the best interest for the security of Canadian citizens. There are others who warn against that plan. You cannot process 25,000 people in such a short time to make sure they are all peaceful and honest in their desire to change their life for the better. Old habits die hard.

Anyway, those are my thoughts tonight. Paris may just be the beginning of a new wave of terror.

Peace to everyone--and I mean that.

No comments:

Post a Comment