Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, November 27, 2015

The #Christmas Spirit—is it still alive?



It is that time of year again. Christmas is near and the Schools are putting on their concerts. They used to be called #‘Christmas Concerts’, now they are called ‘Winter Concerts’ and some other name that has nothing to do with Christmas. Why? Because, as my granddaughter explained to me ‘not everyone believes in Christmas.’

Okay, that may be so. There have always been people who don’t believe in and don’t celebrate Christmas. That has never stopped everyone else from celebrating Christmas. And the Schools did their best to put on nice Christmas shows.

Now it seems, in the name of political correctness this has come to an end. We must not offend anyone, so the minorities are dictating to the majority of Canadians. Christmas concerts are now Winter Concerts.

We went to one a couple of days ago. We didn’t have a choice because our grandson goes to that particular School and we wouldn’t miss it, for his sake. He sings in the choir. Sadly, there was nothing there that reminded me of Christmas. I didn’t care for the songs they sang and I didn’t care for the music. Even though the students did a great job and put all of their efforts into it, it left me cold.

The music was dark, not uplifting at all. One student played some electronic piece he, apparently, composed himself. I’m sure he put a lot of work into it, but, as far as I am concerned, it was awful. I have no idea what the message was supposed to be. The music was monotonous and got louder and louder. At one point I had to close one of my ears with one finger, because I couldn’t stand the noise any longer, even though I have trouble with my hearing. I didn’t want to lose the hearing I have left. My chest vibrated and I was ready to get up and go outside. There seemed to be no end to that song. It reminded me of that commercial with the kids singing in the car: The song that never ends.

Then they sang an African song with drums and whatever. Now I’m asking this: What has that got to do with a Winter Concert? There wasn’t one Christmas Song and that made me sad. Wasn’t it Christmas that spawned these concerts in the first place years ago? I miss those beautiful Christmas carols and the little plays the students put on. There was happiness there and fun.

I’m looking forward to going to a real Christmas Concert put on by the School our youngest granddaughter goes to. It is a private school and therefore not controlled by the public School board. It will be a refreshing change and a pleasant and enjoyable experience. It was last year.

There are forces out there who want to mold our Free Western World to their way of living. They are attacking our basic way of life by removing all our old values, and our politicians do nothing to stop that, just to get their votes. They are worried about offending the minorities and try hard not to step on any toes, while we are being trampled into the ground by giant boots.

Let’s keep the Christmas Spirit alive and celebrate Christmas the way we’ve done for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment