Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Counting visitors to my blog

I just installed a new counter. I used to have one that worked really well. It was great. You could check who visited you and from where, but that site has apparently changed hands and my counter didn't show up anymore. Then a few weeks ago I got a hit counter from a different site and that one stopped working a few days ago. When I visited the site this morning and I wanted to re-install the counter I was shunted to some kind of advertising site. It is crazy. You can't visit any sites without being flooded with ads. Out of principal, I would never buy from these people. And sometimes you even get viruses or spyware. I'm constantly running adware to extract these invaders into my computer. I started the habit now of deleting my history every time I shut down my browser. It seems to work--sort of. There is always some stuff that manages to slip through. It is so annoying.

I got a different counter now. I hope it will work for a long time, because now I had to start again from Zero.

Why are there so many malicious people out there who want nothing but to create trouble and chaos? It is enough that we have to deal with those religious morons like ISIL who do nothing but commit atrocious crimes, murdering innocent people in the name of some ridiculous belief.  I wish there were a way to rid the world of all the criminals, Psychopaths, Fanatics, and the damned freeloaders who want to live off hardworking people's efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment