Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

#Gasoline Pricing

I am not a happy guy today. Yesterday, I filled up my truck. It was quite empty. I drove by a Domo Gas bar and saw the price of gas advertised at 83.9 cents, but I didn't fill up there, because I get my gas at the #Co-op. I'm a loyal customer. When I got there the price was 91.9 cents per liter. I filled up anyway. For $ 67.00.  Since I'm a member I get a rebate at the end of the year.

Well, when I drove by the same Co-op gas station a couple of hours later the price had dropped to 83.9 cents. That really pissed me off. Why don't all the garages drop their price at the same time? And why not early in the morning instead of doing it in the middle of the afternoon? I could have saved six bucks. Also, I think they should have some kind of 'Price-Drop' warranty. Next time I won't be a loyal customer and get my gas where I get the best deal.

How can they justify these huge fluctuations in the price anyway?

I wish I had an Electric Car, but I don't have an extension cord long enough to reach from my house to where I'm driving. The batteries they use don't last very long. The designers and builders of electric cars still have a long way to go before they have one that will replace the gasoline driven vehicles. And, they need to be much cheaper to buy.

Solar energy is free and and we would not be held hostage by the oil companies any longer, but as long as the oil companies and certain other interests call the shots there will never be any electric cars. They'll see to that. Not until all the oil wells have run dry.

Good night. I hope I can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment