Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

#Free Stuff

Sometimes I am baffled. I tried to sell a Home Theater System for twenty bucks. It is used, but not that old. We bought a new one a couple of years back, because this one doesn't have Blue Ray. There is nothing wrong with it. The whole thing is like new. 5 Speakers and 1 sub-woofer. Remote and manual included. I put it on Kijiji. I didn't get one call, not even an inquiry.

I want to get rid of it, but I don't want to take it to the dump. It would be such a shame, because it isn't broken. So yesterday I put it back on for FREE, hoping to get at least one call. Well, within in minutes of it going live I got the first call. I told the lady I'll keep it for her. No sooner did I put down the phone somebody else called. After that the phone didn't stop ringing and I also got a bunch of emails asking if it is still available. I took it off the market right away.

As I said, I'm baffled. People don't have twenty bucks or even ten, but when it's free they suddenly want it.


It snowed again last night. This morning everything was white, but the snow melted and it is almost gone now. What an April we are having! I guess, if it were warmer this would all be coming down as rain. So that way we are lucky. Can't keep the car clean with weather like this. The streets are always wet.

The birds are coming in huge flocks to the feeder; mostly sparrows, though. The ones this morning were quite small and I'm not quite sure if all of them were sparrows. I have a feeling they are just passing through. There must have been at least three dozen in the feeders, in he shrubs, and on the ground. Lucky for them, I filled both feeders last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment