Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

#The Revenant

Last night we watched the movie 'The Revenant'.

Wow! What a movie. So different from the stuff we usually watch on TV these days. No cops and robbers; no martial arts; no zombies, either. And no stupid jokes. This movie was deadly serious. I'm sure glad I'm not an actor, especially one starring in a demanding movie like this one. I was getting cold just watching it. It makes one realize how violent humans are, how violent the history of humans is. There is very little that is nice and comforting in this movie.

I can only recommend this movie, but don't watch it if violent movies disturb you. The Revenant shows the stark reality of human nature and strips away the thin civilized veneer we wear and hide behind.

Go, watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment