Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fictitious Tales

No, it is not the title of my new book. It is the name of my new website. I was never really happy with my old website 'Herbert's World'. Since it was part of my service provider's package I didn't have much choice. It is just basic and not very impressive. It didn't even allow me to add a counter to see how many, if any, visitors I had. This new website is free and with weebly, but  it has plenty of options, most of them I still don't know how to use. I worked a few days on it now to get familiar with it and I managed to create a few pages, and I must admit it looks quite impressive.
If you'd like to check it out, just click HERE, and it will take you to the site. I still have a few things to do with it, but it takes time.

I've been busy with the yard and my garden. The weather is so unstable, with so much rain over the weekend. Yesterday I cut my grass and my bagger on the lawn tractor kept  plugging up with the wet grass. It took me most of the day to cut the grass, a job that usually takes only about 2 1/2 hours. But the grass looks good. We put  fertilizer on at the beginning of Spring and it helps.

Today is a bit cloudy and just perfect for planting. I'll be working in the garden, planting my peppers and, hopefully, the tomatoes. I have about 100 pepper plants, some bought, some seeded by me. They are all quite tall and waiting to be planted. They've been hardened off now for a couple of weeks and should have a good chance to survive the shock of being transplanted.

This year I'm cutting down on tomato plants. Last year I planted 50 plants, but I'll have half the amount this year. The problem is when you buy the plants there are usually 6 plants in one tray. If you want different varieties you end up with too many plants. I have to be ruthless and just disregard half of the plants I have. It will be tough to make the decision to just throw them into the composter, but it must be done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment