Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Morons...they are alive and well

Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I'm talking about the stupidity of people. There is this guy in the city who refuses to cut the grass on the boulevard in front of his house. He thinks it's the city's job and he won't cut if for free. According to his words, the city makes slaves out of people by forcing them to cut the grass if the property is not his.Huh? Come again...Slaves?

This guy is either a complete moron or just too damn lazy to do anything. Obviously, he doesn't have any pride. We live outside the city and we have a ditch about 175 ft long and 20 ft wide. It belongs to the municipality, in other words it is their job to cut the grass. I don't even want them to cut it, because they might just make a mess. I don't mind looking after that myself, because I want my property to look nice, and that includes the ditch, even if isn't mine. I fertilize the grass, I spread seeds into the ditch if it is  needed, and I cut the grass when and how I want it.

I am always baffled at the excuses some people come up with not to do any work that, according to them, isn't theirs to do. It's just being lazy, that's all. How long does it take to cut a strip of grass 50 or 60 feet long and 5 feet wide? I'm sure that's all it is on a city lot. This guy isn't the first one to come up with this. There have been others.

Not to be prejudiced, but there is a building in Winnipeg at the corner of Main and Sutherland that belongs to the First Nation's peoples. I think they use it as some kind of meeting place. It's all covered with copper plates that are tarnished now. The grass outside needs cutting, the property also needs a bit of care to make it look nice. All the bums walking around downtown you'd think they'd find someone to cut the grass or do some improvements, but I guess that's work, and who wants to work for nothing? Right? I mean who wants to be made a slave. That just wouldn't be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment