Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Another Master Angler fish

Saturday is not the best day to go fishing in Lockport, but I did so anyway. I got there 7:15 am, and found even more people there than the last time. When do these people get up? I was barely awake just getting up at around 6:45.

I managed to find a fairly good spot near the dam again, but it wasn't too much fun. My line got tangled up a few time with lines of other anglers. You'll have to find sort of a rhythm when casting, because the current is quite strong and takes the hook and sinker toward the dam. Now if somebody closer to the dam casts out after you did, then there is a good chance that person's hook will catch your line, or worse, that angler's line will wrap around your line and then it's a mess. Not everyone seems to be aware of that. They just cast willy-nilly across all the other lines already in the water.

I didn't stay too long. Fishing like that is not really something I enjoy. However, I stayed long enough to catch a nice 38 cm long Goldeye. That qualifies for a Master Angler award. Last year I caught one 39 cm long. I was hoping for one a bit larger this year, but the season isn't over yet. By the way, to qualify a Goldeye needs to be a minimum of 35,5 cm.

Here is the proof. A 38 cm Goldeye.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. That is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Don. I'm still hoping to catch one bigger than this one. The one I caught last year was 39 cm.

    ReplyDelete