Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ladybug...ladybug...

I discovered a large population of visitors to my garden. They were sitting on the dill-weed and on the leaves of my kohlrabi. And I was happy to see them. A couple of years ago my peppers were covered with the same visitors. I panicked because I didn't know what they were. When I took one of them to our garden center nearby, they told me to use 'Seven', a pesticide, to get rid of them. They had no idea what they were, which was disappointing, because they should have known. So I killed them all (not the people at the garden center. I'm talking about the bugs on the peppers!). After that my peppers were infested with aphids. I found out later from my daughter-in-law, who knows bugs, that they were the larvae of ladybugs.

Now I know and I welcome them into my garden, because they eat aphids.

Here is a picture:

This is a larvae and an immature ladybug.

No comments:

Post a Comment