Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

#Empire



A couple of nights ago we watched the first episode of a new show on TV. The show is called Empire, a musical drama television series.

The only reason we started watching is was #Taraji P. Henson. She plays Cookie Lyon in the series, a woman who spent time in jail and was released. She’s claiming half the company she helped built before she went to jail.

We like her from the show #‘Person of Interest’, where she played a cop and we were disappointed when her character was killed off. The reason was probably her new role in the new show ‘Empire’.

Well, we won’t be watching the show. We stopped watching it about halfway into the episode. Don’t care for it. Don’t care for the music (rap and similar stuff), don’t care for the characters. Too bad, because we really like her.

We’ve been dropping a few shows again for different reasons. Some of them were beginning to bore us. There are a few new shows coming up and, hopefully, some will be to our taste.

Another TV show (new for us) is #‘Reign’. It is about #Queen Mary of Scotland. The show is into it’s second season (10 episodes so far) There were 21 episodes in season One. We just finished season One and started watching the second season. We are hooked on ‘Reign’. Wonderful show, great acting.

I want to briefly mention another show of which I only watched ten minutes: #Galavant. What a dumb show. I suppose it is meant to be a musical comedy. Well, it didn’t work for me. The jokes are old and stupid. The acting is ridiculous. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment