Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Gas prices

I'm done with complaining, at least for awhile. There is nothing I can do about the terrorists and getting upset about them is not helping my mood. However, today I'm as happy as a jockey on a winning race horse. I filled up my tank with gasoline today. I know that's not an earth-shattering event and no reason to be happy--not usually. When I drove by the Petro Gas station I usually use to fill up I noticed gas was 83.9 cents a liter, higher than the last time I filled up, so I decided not to get gas. My tank wasn't empty yet and on the news they predicted gas prices would drop again.

When I got to Selkirk, that's where we shop, I looked at the Co-op Gas station and to my delight gas was posted as 77.9 cents. I didn't need any prodding from my wife or anyone else to tell me what I needed to do. So I drove in and filled my tank. I don't remember the last time I saw gas prices this low. What really made me happy was the fact when we drove by in the afternoon they had also raised the price to 83.9 cents.

I have no idea what's happening. The oil companies are playing again. Apparently, the price of a barrel of oil went up again yesterday, so they decided to raise the price of gas.--one day after. Makes sense!! No explanation, no excuses. It would really be nice, if we could shake off the shackles of the oil companies by developing a new source of power, a better and cheaper one, and if the car manufacturers would build and sell the cars for that new power source for the same price as cars that use gasoline. Then we would not have to rely on the whims of the oil companies and OPEC.

I hope you find cheap gas the next time you need to fill up.

Have a pleasant evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment