Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Changes for the better

I'm exhausted but happy. Yesterday the repair guy came and installed a new motherboard into our garage door opener and it cost less than anticipated. He came in the morning and we still got away before lunch to do our shopping. Went to Canadian Tire to buy a few things and did find a few bargains for the yard, but their vegetable plants for the garden were not on sale so I didn't buy any. I found this year everything is more expensive. Since it is still cold outside there is no rush to buy.

Went to Mac Donalds for lunch. I had the Quarter Pounder deal. $7.99 plus tax. I can't believe how much it costs these days just to get a hamburger. For that  price I can go to a restaurant and have their lunch special. The problem with going to a restaurant is it always takes more time to order and the wait for the food to come.

We went out for Mother's Day last Sunday. To the Buffet Square. It is a Chinese Restaurant. I was impressed. So many choices and the food was great. Unfortunately,  with it being Mother's Day the place was packed and the lineups long. Some people are just pigs. My son waited in line to get the shrimp skewers. They are popular and go fast. There were four people waiting ahead of him. When the servers brought out a fresh tray these four people loaded up their plates with the shrimp. They emptied the tray. My son got 3 skewers, and the people behind him had to wait for another tray to be brought out. I waited for nearly 15 minutes. I was the first in line and I took 8 skewers (each skewer had 2 shrimp). There was plenty left for the people behind me.

The weather was great today, so we worked in the yard. I managed to de-thatch the lawn and then I cut it and raked up the dead grass with my lawn tractor. I filled 38 large garbage bags with the dead grass. What a dusty and grueling job! Now I have to take them to the dump. Tomorrow I will till my garden and add two bags of alfalfa pellets and one bag clay buster to the soil. Then I let the garden sit until it is planting time. My pepper plants, which I seeded in April, are growing tall and are waiting to be planted outside. But the weather is not favorable yet. The days and nights need to be warmer. That won't happen until beginning of June this year.

So I just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment