Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#Murphy's Law

I need a stiff drink to calm my nerves. A couple of days ago we had a new well pump installed because our pump was broken, but the installer told us that we also need a new pressure tank. Not such good news. But why was I surprised? One bad thing happens and another one is following on its heels. That is Murphy's Law. Today we had the new tank installed. When the installer told me we also needf new brass fittings all I saw was Dollars leaving my bank account. Nothing is cheap these days. The installer told us we were lucky. I have no idea how he could even mention luck at this point. But apparently parts on the old tank were rusting and there was a good possibility that one of the fitting may have given away and we would have had water all over the place. At least we were spared that disaster. How lucky can you get? Wow.

I just wrote another check to pay for the new pressure tank. Now I'm $2,500.00 poorer (that price includes the well pump plus taxes), but at least we have water. I'm a positive thinker and I always look at the bright side.m Right now it is difficult to see a bright side.

Today I took all the bags with grass to the dump. We're talking about 50 bags. These were the bags we had on our septic field to catch the snow, which protects the field from freezing. When I started my van, I heard a funny squealing noise. I put in a new alternator and some other gismo a couple of years ago; that cost me 450 bucks. So it couldn't be the alternator making the funny noise. I'm not an auto mechanic, but I have this nagging suspicion it could be my water pump. What is this thing with water pumps right now? I ask myself. It already sounds expensive. First the house now the van! My van is old. It is still left over from when I was working and I use it only in the summer. I can't justify to put in more money. With automobiles there comes a time when you have to say, "Enough is enough!". No more. Especially with this one. My grandson called my van a Rustbucket.

I need a strong drink! The problem is I don't drink hard liqueur, only beer and wine. Maybe I'll have a beer, or maybe two...A couple of glasses of wine sound good, too...should it be white or red...

No comments:

Post a Comment