Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Monday, May 12, 2014

#Idle no more



Idle: The dictionary defines it as: Lazy, indolent, not in use, not working, having no special basis or purpose, useless...

Well, I’ve never been idle. I’m always doing something. My agenda for today had been raking the lawn and then cleaning up the dead grass and taking it to the dump. Unfortunately, the weather people didn’t play along with my plans. It’s raining today and the weather is cold, in other words it’s a lousy day. And it doesn’t look much better for tomorrow. But, that doesn’t mean I’m going to sit around twiddling my thumbs.

I will not be idle!

I have 2 batches of beer sitting in their carboy waiting to be bottled. So, I will bottle at least one batch today. Then the beer will age in the bottles and I should be able to start drinking it in a month. Just perfect for the summer months. (Yes, I make my own beer. Cheaper than buying that expensive stuff our government offers us in its greediness to take my money!) I have 1 carboy with aging summer wine, but that can still wait, and another carboy with Piesporter, also aging. Then there is still a kit of Merlot waiting to be started. But that will have to wait. I only have so much time. My aquariums need to be cleaned and the water changed. That will happen today. You know the saying: Idle hands are the devil’s workshop. Well, no work for the devil here and no time to demonstrate and complain about getting no help from the government doing the job I should be doing myself).

So, I’d better be going and get started with my work. Time is limited to get all the work that is waiting to be done.

I hope you have a busy day and a busy week. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment