Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#My interview at Smashwords

I like to keep my private stuff separate from my writing stuff, but sometimes they do overlap. Let's face it, I do spend much of my time writing stories.

I published an interview with Smashwords. Anyone interested can find it here: https://www.smashwords.com/interview/herbertg

Today was not as sunny as yesterday,but it wasn't bad. We actually reached 13 Celsius. And there was no wind at all. A perfect day to work outside in the yard, which we did. Yesterday, I raked up all the dead branches from the willows and piled them up in the garden. It's the only place where I can burn them. It was a grueling job and I was tired and aching all over when I finally quit. This morning I got up early (8:00 a.m.) and went outside right away to burn the branches. As I said there was no wind and that is important when making a fire, especially one as large as this one was. The branches were bone-dry and it took about 30 minutes for them to be reduced to ashes. After breakfast I finished raking the rest of the property and threw everything on top of the hot ashes. They started to burn again and by 1:30 p.m. I was finished. Now I have to de-thatch the lawn and then rake and cut it. And then I have to take everything to the dump. I put the dead grass into garbage bags, but in the dump I have to empty the grass out of the bags. They don't allow plastic bags because the grass and leaves are made into mulch which eventually turns into soil. Lots of work ahead of me, but it all is part of living in a rural area with large lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment