Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Dandruff - how to get rid of it





My blog is about many subjects. Today I’d like to write about dandruff. I’ve had to deal with it as long as I can remember. It can be embarrassing, especially when wearing a dark suit.

By the way, this is not a commercial. I don’t get paid for this. It is just my own experience and opinion, which I like to share with my friends.

When I was still working I washed my hair pretty much every day. Now I don’t have to anymore. My hair doesn’t get dirty, but, of course, I still wash it on a regular basis, just not every day. To keep my dandruff under control, I used Head and Shoulders. It helped but didn’t get rid of it.

Dandruff is caused by a fungus. It leaves small white flakes of dry skin on the scalp that can pepper the shoulders of even the fanciest black suit. Not a pretty sight.

I found a product that nearly eliminates dandruff. It is a shampoo that goes by the name Nizoral. According to the label on the bottle it Kills the fungus that can cause dandruff & seborrhea. When you start using it you wash your hair twice weekly with Nizoral for the first 2 to 4 weeks. After that you use it once every 1 or 2 weeks to keep the dandruff from coming back.

I can only  recommend this product. My dandruff is gone. I don’t worry anymore about tiny snowflakes falling from my hair.

I bought it over the counter at the drugstore. It seems pricey; about $16.00 for a bottle of 120 ml, but you need so little of it, it lasts for a long time. And it is worth every penny. This is the first shampoo that actually did what the label promised.

For those who are interested in what Nizoral Shampoo contains, here is the list of ingredients:
Each ml of pink-orange, viscous shampoo contains ketoconazole 2% (20 mg/g). Nonmedicinal ingredients: coconut fatty acid diethanolamide, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, perfume bouquet, hydrochloric acid, imidurea, laurdimonium hydrolyzed animal collagen, macrogol 120 methyl glucose dioleate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, sodium laureth sulfate, erythrosin, and water.

Apparently, some people may have side effects, but from what I read they are not serious, like dry skin, itching, or swelling. I’ve never experienced any side effect, and I’ve developed plenty of allergies toward many products as I’m growing older. All those wonderful perks that come with old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment