Welcome Visitors

Welcome to my personal blog. I have another blog, Herbert's Place, but that one limits me to what I sometimes want to publish, because it is mainly used to promote my books. As it says in the header, I want to use this blog to write about things that have nothing to do with my books. There is no real theme here. I'll be writing about anything that causes me to either be happy or somethings that concerns me. It could be political, travel, a hobby, or anything else. So come and visit me sometimes.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Terrorism

I am not trying to incite hatred or negative feelings, but I despise fanatics and fundamentalists, and militant and radical groups, be it political or religious. They are the ones who create unrest and chaos in the world. They are the ones who want to force others to live by their narrow-minded rules and beliefs. 
The RCMP uncovered a plot to blow up trains in Canada and the US. A couple of guys have been arrested and more arrests are apparently pending. Of course, there are already lawyers trying to defend these terrorists.
One of those arrested was in court today and was rambling on that the criminal justice system in Canada doesn't apply to him, it is wrong, only his holy book is true. He follows only what his holy book tells him. What the hell is that man and his family doing in Canada? How did they ever get in here? Yesterday they showed on the news his wife and daughter walking around all covered up in their sheets. This is Canada, peoples!We don't cover our faces. Anyone coming to our free country should be told that they must follow our laws first and what their religion tells them second. If they can't agree with that they should never be allowed to come here in the first place.
It used to be immigrants came here seeking a better life for themselves and their families. It seems now we get people coming here with only one purpose: To create trouble and bomb our trains, planes, bridges, and anything else they can think of.
We need to be more stricter and selective with who we let into our country, before it is too late and these people have such a strong voice that they can and will begin to change our customs and laws. If we are not careful now it will happen. I'd hate to be the one saying: I told you so. Sure,our country is not perfect, but I like it the way it is. I don't want anyone changing it. Unfortunately, many things have already changed, and not for the better, that's for sure. Let's not make it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment